Fall Family Weekend is quickly approaching and this time of year, there are so many fun things to do in Spokane with your family. You may want to give them the Gonzaga tour and enjoy events happening on campus, or you may be looking for things to do in the Spokane community. Either way, we can help you out with that! Here are some fun fall things to do in Spokane and specifically, events that are going on this weekend:
- Head to Greenbluff! This time of year, not only is Greenbluff gorgeous and filled with fall colors, but there are also a ton of fun activities to enjoy with your family and friends. Pick fresh fruits and vegetables, enjoy pumpkin donuts, navigate the corn maze, and soak up all of the fall fun.
- Costco Shopping Night. We are getting into the semester, and I am sure that your stockpile of supplies is running low…so grab your parents and head to Costco! Gonzaga is offering a FREE bus service to Costco on Friday from 8-10pm.
- Get scared at Scarywood! If you haven’t been to Scarywood yet, this is a great opportunity to do some frightening family bonding and have a load of fun. Scarywood will be open this Friday and Saturday from 7pm-1am and tickets can be purchased online at http://scarywoodhaunt.com/tickets.php.
- Explore a Corn Maze. Student Activities is offering discounted tickets to the Corn Maze at HUB Sports Center in Liberty Lake. This event runs from 7-11pm and is sure to be a blast! Tickets can be purchased on cashnet (https://commerce.cashnet.com/WeekendEvents) for $4 or at the door for $8.
- Hike Liberty Lake with GU Outdoors. Get some fresh PNW air on this 8-mile hike around beautiful Liberty Lake. Be sure to bring water and a lunch. Register online at: https://commerce.cashnet.com/guoutdoors.
- Show your Zag spirit at the GU Women’s Soccer Game. The Women’s Soccer team is playing against San Diego on Saturday at 1pm.
- Carve a Pumpkin. Crosby is hosting a pumpkin carving contest from 8-9pm this Saturday. Bring your family and enjoy this classic holiday tradition!
- BBT…Obviously! You never want to miss the opportunity to see GU’s Big Bing Theory. They will be performing a concert this Saturday at the BARC from 9-10:30pm. Your family is sure to enjoy every second of a cappella genius.
- Get your laugh on at the GUTS show! GUTS, GU’s improv comedy group, will be putting on a show at Magnuson Theatre this Saturday at 11pm. Grab your parents and show them how much fun we have here at GU!
- BRUNCH is the best. Whether it’s at the BARC, Kalico Kitchen, or Franks Diner, go and enjoy a lovely Saturday or Sunday brunch with your parents. For a more scenic brunch, head to Rockwood Bakery and enjoy a coffee and pastry then explore Manito Park.
- Golf tournament hosted by GU’s Golf Club. At 11am Saturday, head to Indian Canyon Golf Course with your family. $30 per person. Teams of two. 18-hole shotgun start scramble. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information and to sign up!
- Choir Concert. Friday night at 7pm in St. Al’s, Gonzaga Choir will be performing their fall show, Journey of the Luminous Soul- Songs of Youth, Love, and Passage. The event is FREE and will be a great time!
- ALSO, Downtown Shuttles are running! Go explore downtown and soak up all that Spokane has to offer.
Whatever you chose to do this weekend, make sure to fully enjoy the time that you have with your family…or possibly as an adopted member of a friend’s family. Make sure to show your loved ones what it means to be a ZAG and enjoy all the fun that the Fall Family Weekend has to offer!