The Spokane region has so much to offer, especially near GU! With free shuttles leaving from DeSmet circle every Friday and Saturday, it’s the perfect way to explore downtown Spokane! The shuttles also make TWO stops now: River Park Square and the Main Market. Here are a few ideas that make for a fun weekend:
- Come celebrate drawings, paintings, sculptures, music, theatre and much more the first Friday of each month in downtown Spokane. This is a great event where you can explore new artists and businesses in the community.
Magic Lantern Theatre
- Spokane’s premier independent theater offers a wide range of great films. Tickets are only $8.00 no matter what time or age!
- Enjoy a movie on the largest indoor freestanding screen in the Pacific Northwest. This is not just a typical movie, but also an experience.
- Have an energetic night with friends playing an intense hide-and-seek tag game with a high tech twist.
The Knitting Factory
- Check out the latest performers for a fun filled experience!
- Experience an action packed night at the Spokane Arena cheering on the local ice hockey team.
Sky High Sports
- The craziest trampoline park in Spokane offers hours of jumping off the walls! Must be 18 years or older to jump without parents consent.
- Need a place to relax and do homework? Grab a drink and enjoy reading, doing your homework, or attending a book signing or poetry slam!
- A vegan based bakery and lounge has the perfect setting for grabbing a bite to eat with friends or doing homework on the weekends. Also, enjoy live bands in the evenings!
- This local food co-op offers a wide variety of organic and local food. Come and join the co-op community to learn more about the benefits of eating healthy and organic!